Next Generation is Sauk Valley Community Church’s children’s ministry, which covers birth through high school. Our desire is to grow life-long disciples of Christ who will go and make life-long disciples of Christ. Through teaching and serving, we are showing our students how to apply the Word of God to our lives in a transforming way.
God, You have taught me from my youth, and I still proclaim your wondrous works. Even while I am old and gray, God, do not abandon me, while I proclaim Your power to another generation, Your strength to all who are to come.
We are excited to start reopening Next Generation ministries!
In this time of newness, change, and transition, we want to let you know what to be expecting from our time for the students.
What to expect:
- We will not yet reopen the nursery service to families. However, if a parent needs to take their young child(ren) to the nursery during the service, they are more than welcome to utilize the room.
- The elementary class for PreK- 4th grade will be held in the fellowship hall until further notice, unless the fellowship hall is required by the larger congregation. In which case, we will hold the classroom downstairs in the large gathering room.
- The elementary class will be held on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month.
- We will have a teacher and helper combo to conduct class time.
- We will be using a combination of previously used curriculums throughout this time.
- Our youth group has reopened on Friday evenings for Jr. High and High School aged students.
- Masks are recommended.
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering the classroom area.
- Observe social distancing between students outside of family units.
Next Generation is excited about integrating our middle school and high school aged students into our larger congregation starting in 5th grade. The students are, at this point, encouraged to serve as helpers in classroom ministries appropriate for their ages and talents. By bringing our older students into the larger congregation, they are encouraged to dive deeper into their faith and to find deeper connections with older generations of believers.
Our nursery ranges from birth through preschool. It is open for the entirety of the Sunday morning service. We ask that parents drop off children at the beginning of service and then pick up children at the end of service.
Our elementary aged Sunday School classroom serves students from Kindergarten through 4th grade. We encourage our parents to keep their elementary aged students with them in the service through the Sunday morning song time. Through this transition, the students can become more acquainted with the larger congregation and can experience one example of corporate worship. When students are dismissed from the adult service, they will be led to their classroom by a teacher and a helper. After the service, we ask that parents please pick up their students from their designated locations.
Friday nights serve as our midweek gathering for our Jr. High and High School students. We meet from 7-9PM in the sanctuary. During this time, our students will be led in a time of games and bible study. We use a small group study model for Friday nights, which lends to more discussion and ownership from the students.